These western-style knives from our Shun Reserve collection are as beautiful to behold as they are a pleasure to use. Striking in their design, the colorful charcoal-and-crimson PakkaWood handles are contoured for comfort and embellished with an inlaid mosaic crest.
- Handcrafted in the style of western cutlery, the knife has a fully forged blade that provides added balance when making precision cuts.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ core of SG2 powdered steel has a superfine, even grain capable of being forged into an ultrathin yet extremely strong, exquisitely sharp blade.
- Blades clad in a true 32-layer Damascus of forged nickel and stainless steel help food release from the blade.
- Blades have a Japanese-style 16-degree cutting angle.
- Full-tang construction and a riveted handle made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused polished PakkaWood offer comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level standards of professional kitchens.
- Sturdy, bamboo 9-slot knife block is elegantly finished in a dark stain.
- All knives are handcrafted in Japan; block is made in China.
6-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 8" chef’s knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- 10" hollow-ground slicing knife.
- Honing steel.
- 9-slot knife block.