Shun Reserve 6-Piece Knife Block Set
- Special Offer
- Online Only
These western-style knives from our Shun Reserve collection are as beautiful to behold as they are a pleasure to use. Striking in their design, the colorful charcoal-and-crimson PakkaWood handles are contoured for comfort and embellished with an inlaid mosaic crest.
- Handcrafted in the style of western cutlery, the knife has a fully forged blade that provides added balance when making precision cuts.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ core of SG2 powdered steel has a superfine, even grain capable of being forged into an ultrathin yet extremely strong, exquisitely sharp blade.
- Blades clad in a true 32-layer Damascus of forged nickel and stainless steel help food release from the blade.
- Blades have a Japanese-style 16-degree cutting angle.
- Full-tang construction and a riveted handle made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused polished PakkaWood offer comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level standards of professional kitchens.
- Sturdy, bamboo 9-slot knife block is elegantly finished in a dark stain.
- All knives are handcrafted in Japan; block is made in China.
6-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 8" chef’s knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- 10" hollow-ground slicing knife.
- Honing steel.
- 9-slot knife block.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 3.25 oz.
- Chef’s knife: 8"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 10 oz.
- Bread knife: 9 1/4"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 7 oz.
- Hollow-ground slicing knife: 10 1/4"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 7 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.