Shun Reserve 3-Piece Knife Starter Set
3-Piece Starter SetInternet Only
These western-style knives are part of the Reserve collection from Shun and are as beautiful to behold as they are a pleasure to use. Striking in their design, the colorful charcoal and crimson PakkaWood handles are contoured for comfort and have an inlaid mosaic crest.
- Set includes a 3 1/2" paring knife, a 6" serrated utility knife and an 8" chef's knife.
- Handcrafted in the style of western cutlery, each knife has a fully forged blade that gives it heft to provide power for precision cuts.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, a core of SG2 powdered steel has a super fine, even grain capable of being forged into an ultrathin yet extremely strong, exquisitely sharp blade.
- Blades are clad in a true 32-layer Damascus of forged nickel and stainless steel that helps food release from the blade.
- Blade has a Japanese-style 16-degree angle.
- Full-tang construction and a riveted handle made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused polished PakkaWood offer comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level standards of professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 3.25 oz.
- 6" serrated utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 3.5 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 10 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.