Shun Reserve 3-Piece Knife Starter Set
- Special Offer
- Online Only
These western-style knives are part of the Reserve collection from Shun and are as beautiful to behold as they are a pleasure to use. Striking in their design, the colorful charcoal and crimson PakkaWood handles are contoured for comfort and have an inlaid mosaic crest.
- Set includes a 3 1/2" paring knife, a 6" serrated utility knife and an 8" chef's knife.
- Handcrafted in the style of western cutlery, each knife has a fully forged blade that gives it heft to provide power for precision cuts.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, a core of SG2 powdered steel has a super fine, even grain capable of being forged into an ultrathin yet extremely strong, exquisitely sharp blade.
- Blades are clad in a true 32-layer Damascus of forged nickel and stainless steel that helps food release from the blade.
- Blade has a Japanese-style 16-degree angle.
- Full-tang construction and a riveted handle made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused polished PakkaWood offer comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level standards of professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 3.25 oz.
- 6" serrated utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 3.5 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 10 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.