Shun Classic Pro Yanagiba Knife
Staying true to its Asian origins, the Shun Pro collection features the classic single-bevel blades and styling that define traditional Japanese cutlery. Designed to cut paper-thin slices of fish and meat, this knife is a necessity for preparing sushi and sashimi.
- The traditional single-bevel, scalpel-like edge is the favored style for preparing Asian cuisine, including sushi and sashimi.
- The mirror-polished, ultra sharp cutting edge ensures the blade glides through delicate foods without bruising or tearing to retain maximum flavor.
- Graffiti etching on the blade’s sides give this collection an elegant, contemporary look.
- The blade is constructed of high-carbon VG-10 “super steel” designed for maximum strength and edge retention.
- Premium D-shaped PakkaWood handles nestle comfortably into the curves of the palm, offering control and a secure grip.
- An extra-wide “shinogi,” or blade bevel, makes sharpening with whetstone nearly effortless.
- Shun knives reflect the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knifemaking, with an eye towards the latest innovations in cutlery design.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8 1/4" yanagiba: 8 1/4" long blade, 5" long handle; 5 oz.
- 9 1/2" yanagiba: 9 1/2"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 6 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information