Shun Pro Deba Knife
- Special Offer
Staying true to its Asian origins, the Shun Pro collection features the classic single-bevel blades and distinct styling that define traditional Japanese cutlery. Originally known as a “fish knife,” the deba is equally adept at performing precision cuts on chicken, beef and other meats.
- The traditional single-bevel, scalpel-like edge is the favored style for preparing Asian cuisine, including sushi and sashimi.
- The mirror-polished, ultra sharp cutting edge ensures the blade glides through delicate foods without bruising or tearing to retain maximum flavor.
- Graffiti etching on the blade’s sides give this collection an elegant, contemporary look.
- The blade is constructed of high-carbon VG-10 “super steel” designed for maximum strength and edge retention.
- Premium D-shaped PakkaWood handles nestle comfortably into the curves of the palm, offering control and a secure grip.
- An extra-wide “shinogi,” or blade bevel, makes sharpening with whetstone nearly effortless.
- Shun knives reflect the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knifemaking, with an eye towards the latest innovations in cutlery design.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/2"-long blade.
- 8 1/4"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 10.25 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.