Shun Classic Pro 3-Piece Asian Knife Set
- Special Offer
The same knives used by Asia's world-class chefs, this trio of commercial-quality cutlery will assist you with an impressive range of everyday kitchen tasks. The knives’ durable, razor-sharp blades are the result of a centuries-old tradition of sword-making in Japan.
- Professional set includes a 6.5" Deba knife, a 9 1/2" Yanagiba knife and a 6.5" Usuba knife.
- The Deba, while celebrated as a “fish knife,” accomplishes such a wide variety of kitchen tasks such as cutting chicken, beef and other meats.
- The Yanagiba slicer is the consummate sushi and sashimi knife, designed to cut extremely thin pieces of fish or meat.
- The Usuba is used primarily for the preparation of vegetables, featuring a wide, lightweight blade that enables the chef to chop quickly, precisely and easily—with less fatigue.
- Beautiful graffiti-etched blades mark these knives as works of the blade smith’s art.
- Each blade is made using high carbon VG10 steel, which takes and holds an incredibly sharp edge longer than comparable blades.
- Single-sided beveled edges reduce friction to produce perfect slices. Even the most delicate foods will not bruise or tear.
- Premium D-shaped PakkaWood handles nestle comfortably into the curves of the palm, offering control and a secure grip.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Deba knife: 6 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handel; 10.25 oz.
- Yanagiba knife: 9 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 6 oz.
- Usuba knife: 6 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 7.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information