The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-colored PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. This sumo santoku knife has the extra heft needed for bigger jobs like cutting through whole chickens or large blocks of cheese. Two stacked rows of hollow grounds resist sticking when slicing, and the broad blade is great for scooping up chopped ingredients from the cutting board.
- Hefty double-wide blade delivers the focused power to tackle larger jobs than a standard santoku.
- Two rows of indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Blade features a core of VG-Max “super steel” clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon stainless steel.
- The striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handle has a two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end cap embossed with the Shun logo adds stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level standards of professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.