Shun Premier Sumo Santoku Knife
- Online Only
The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-colored PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. This sumo santoku knife has the extra heft needed for bigger jobs like cutting through whole chickens or large blocks of cheese, and its broad blade is great for scooping up and transferring chopped ingredients.
- Hefty double-wide blade delivers the focused power to tackle larger jobs than a standard santoku.
- Blade features a core of VG-Max “super steel” clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless-steel.
- Striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handle has a two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end cap embossed with the Shun logo adds stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7 1/2"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 8.25 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery