Shun Premier Santoku & Paring Knife Set
- Special Offer
- Online Only
The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-colored PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. Hand-crafted in Japan, the blades are thin and lightweight.
- Set includes 7" santoku and 3" paring knives.
- Blades feature a core of VG-MAX "super steel" clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon stainless-steel.
- The striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handles have a two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end caps embossed with the Shun logo add stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
- Paring knife: Delivers the razor-sharpness and precision needed for trimming, peeling, mincing and slicing fresh produce.
- Santoku: Indispensable for chopping and slicing fresh vegetables and small cuts of meat, this knife combining the benefits of a chef’s knife and cleaver.
- NSF-certified knives meets the high-level standards of professional kitchens.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Santoku: 7" -long blade; 4 3/4" -long handle; 7.36 oz.
- Paring: 4" -long blade; 4" -long handle; 2.4 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.