The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-colored PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. Handcrafted in Japan, the blades are thin and lightweight. The triangular-shaped honesuki is used by Japanese chefs for boning poultry, but it also excels at other meat-trimming tasks, such as frenching a rack of lamb.
- Blade features a core of VG-Max "super steel" clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless-steel.
- The striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handle has a two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end cap embossed with the Shun logo adds stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
- 4 1/2" blade; 4 3/4" handle, 4.3 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.