Shun Premier 7-Piece Knife Block Set
7-Piece Knife Block SetInternet Only
The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-colored PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. Hand-crafted in Japan, the blades are thin and lightweight. This set of essential kitchen knives combines the best of Shun cutlery in a new design and equips you with the most popular knife sizes.
- Blades feature a core of VG-MAX "super steel" clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon stainless-steel.
- The striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handles have a two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end caps embossed with the Shun logo add stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level standards of professional kitchens.
7-Piece Set includes:
- 4" paring knife.
- 6 1/2" utility knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- Honing steel.
- Kitchen shears.
- 11-slot bamboo block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- 4" paring knife: 4"-long blade; 4 1/8"-long handle; 2.4 oz.
- 6 1/2" utility knife: 6 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/8"-long handle; 5.6 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7.68 oz.
- 9" bread knife: 9"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7.85 oz.
- Honing steel: 9"-long rod; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7.2 oz.
- Kitchen shears.
- 11-slot bamboo block: 12" x 6" x 8" high.
- Knives made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.