The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-colored PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. Hand-crafted in Japan, the blades are thin and lightweight. This starter set equips you with three essential knives for everyday cooking.
- Set includes 4” paring knife, 6 1/2” utility knife and 8” chef’s knife.
- Blades feature a core of VG-MAX "super steel" clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon stainless-steel.
- The striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handles have a two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end caps embossed with the Shun logo add stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level standards of professional kitchens.