Shun Large Higo Nokami Gentleman’s Knife
With its slim profile, light weight and folding blade, the Higo Nokami knife allows you to enjoy the precision of Japan’s legendary Shun cutlery anytime, anywhere. Regarded as Japan’s first pocketknife, the Higo design dates from the mid 19th century.
- Foldout razor-sharp blade of high-carbon stain-resistant VG-10 steel.
- Perfectly sized for cutting steak at dinner or slicing fruit and cheese for a picnic.
- PakkaWood handle is resin-infused for lasting moisture resistance.
- Handle is inlaid with a silver-and-brass emblem from an ancient samurai family crest.
- A simple locking mechanism holds the 3 3/4"-long blade firmly in place while in use.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 3/4"-long blade.
- 7 1/2"-long handle.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
To learn more about Shun cutlery care, sharpening, warranty sharpening policy and shipping instructions, click here