Shun Large Higo Nokami Gentleman’s Knife
- Special Offer
With its slim profile, light weight and folding blade, the Higo Nokami knife allows you to enjoy the precision of Japan’s legendary Shun cutlery anytime, anywhere. Regarded as Japan’s first pocketknife, the Higo design dates from the mid 19th century.
- Foldout razor-sharp blade of high-carbon stain-resistant VG-10 steel.
- Perfectly sized for cutting steak at dinner or slicing fruit and cheese for a picnic.
- PakkaWood handle is resin-infused for lasting moisture resistance.
- Handle is inlaid with a silver-and-brass emblem from an ancient samurai family crest.
- A simple locking mechanism holds the 3 3/4"-long blade firmly in place while in use.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 3/4"-long blade.
- 7 1/2"-long handle.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DakotaT from Wonderful knife for steak. I bought this to use as a steak knife that I could take with me to restaurants. Cuts steak like a dream, I couldn't be happier.Date published: 2015-09-03Rated 5 out of 5 by KnifeFiend from Great Knife! First of all, the knife pictured here is not the exact model of Shun Gentlemen knife that was purchased. The knife delivered to me must have been a newer model. The insignia and bolts are slightly different. So, please update the picture with the most recent model. As far as construction quality, this knife is absolutely beautiful and amazingly constructed. The attention to detail is immaculate! The only possible flaw that I can find with the knife is the thickness of the blade. It could actually be a little thinner. This thing will slice through a medium rare steak like butter. However, if you are cutting a piece of firm fruit you will have to push a little bit due to the thickness of the blade. My Opinel slim no 10 is better at cutting an apple or tomato. That being said. This knife is marketed as a foldable steak knife and I have not come across a better one at this point in time.Date published: 2014-12-29