Shun Kitchen Shears
- Special Offer
These professional-quality Japanese shears are among the most versatile tools in the kitchen. Showcasing Shun's legendary quality and craftsmanship, they're great for everything from trimming and portioning poultry to prepping vegetables and cutting parchment paper for baking pans.
- This versatile pair of commercial quality shears is an everyday kitchen essential.
- Bottom blade is microserrated to grip slippery foods, while top blade is smooth to ensure a clean cut.
- Bone notch at end of blade easily cuts through chicken bones. 22 degree cutting edge for exceptional sharpness and durability.
- Includes a built-in screwdriver/pry tool.
- Razor-sharp blades are made of Japanese Mo.V high carbon stainless steel for top performance and durability.
- Soft Santoprene handles provide a steady, comfortable grip. Ergonomic handles are ambidextrous.
- Produced by Japan's leading blade manufacturer.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9" long overall; 4" blades.
- 7.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen at home using a sharpener designed for scissors, or have the shears sharpened by a professional.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
Rated 1 out of 5 by shortdog from Disappointing After I lost my original kitchen shears, I decided on the Shun kitchen shears based on the written reviews. So far, very disappointing. The shears only cut near the bottom 1/3 of the blades and barely cuts anything that goes beyond that point. Not worth the price. Luckily, I found my original shears that cuts anything you desire after years of use. The Shun shears will adorn my kitchen drawer but that is about all it is good for.Date published: 2015-03-16Rated 5 out of 5 by deez from MUST HAVE ACCESSORY Probably one of the most overused and underappreciated tools in the kitchen. This kitchen shears are like computers and cellphones (for most of us), once you use them, you ask yourself ‘what took me so long to get one.’ If you spend as much time in the kitchen as I do you’ll learn to appreciate having a good pair of kitchen shears on you and this is a GREAT kitchen shears. These are a little on the ‘large’ size but I have paws for hands so it works well for me. This also comes with a clip on holder that allows you to store it conveniently close by for easy access. I can go on about the shears but all I can tell you is if you are only going to buy one pair of shears, get one that is well made and will last you a lifetime.Date published: 2015-01-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Lupo from Best I've owned Sharp with a precise snipping action, these are wonderful shears. They are heavy enough to use as poultry shears but one feels loath to use such lovely tools for heavy tasks. They can take it, believe me. Very easily separated and a breeze to clean.Date published: 2013-10-07Rated 5 out of 5 by TrapperJoe from Must Have Kitchen Accessory I purchased the Shun Kitchen Shears to go with my growing Shun Knife collection. The first time I used them was when I was cutting up a chicken for the grill. The ease in which I removed the backbone was worth the cost of the shears! When I washed the shears I was pleasantly surprised when they separated into two parts for ease of cleaning.Very clever.Date published: 2013-08-04Rated 5 out of 5 by DrSuess from Wonderful tool for an arthritic hand These shears are great, not only because they are long and sharp, but for the special large opening that the four fingers of my hand fit and I can use them with no pain! They hcan be used with either hand.Date published: 2012-08-21