From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this knife has a thicker blade than traditional Japanese cutlery and a 22-degree cutting edge modeled after European chef’s knives. The thicker, heftier blade allows it be used for heavy-duty cutting tasks. Crafted in Japan, their strong, razor-sharp blades merge new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions.
- Blades are constructed with a core of SG-2 powdered steel clad in a true Damascus layer of forged nickel and stainless steel.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades' construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Japanese-made knife with the 22-degree blade-edge angle of Western kitchen cutlery.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.