Shun Kaji Rocking Knife
From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this knife rocks effortlessly over the cutting board to mince and chop herbs, garlic, onions, nuts and more, with its pronounced curve and broad, hefty blade. The expansive surface area of the blade also makes it handy for transferring chopped foods. Crafted in Japan, its strong, razor-sharp blade merges new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions.
- Blades are constructed with a core of SG-2 powdered steel clad in a true Damascus layer of forged nickel and stainless steel.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades' construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Blade’s pronounced curve facilitates a rocking motion for efficient chopping and mincing.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7” blade.
- 5 1/2”-long handle.
- 8.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
To learn more about Shun cutlery care, sharpening, warranty sharpening policy and shipping instructions, click here