Shun Kaji Rocking Knife
- Special Offer
From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this knife rocks effortlessly over the cutting board to mince and chop herbs, garlic, onions, nuts and more, with its pronounced curve and broad, hefty blade. The expansive surface area of the blade also makes it handy for transferring chopped foods. Crafted in Japan, its strong, razor-sharp blade merges new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions.
- Blades are constructed with a core of SG-2 powdered steel clad in a true Damascus layer of forged nickel and stainless steel.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades' construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Blade’s pronounced curve facilitates a rocking motion for efficient chopping and mincing.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7” blade.
- 5 1/2”-long handle.
- 8.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
Rated 5 out of 5 by deez from Legendary Cutlery I added this rocker to my collection of Shun cutlery and was able to put it to the test almost immediately after receiving it. It was packed well, arrived on time and was ready to "rock & roll" out of the box. If you own any Shun knives you already know about the legendary blade edge and super durable craftsmanship which would take pages to describe and evaluate. If you don't own Shun knife, pick one, anyone, and take it for a walk in your kitchen. These knives take the "work" and tedium out of cooking prep, less fatigue and frustration when you're done. Finally, be careful, these knives are sharp. A few friends and family members have learned the hard way after coming into my kitchen and helps by taking over a cutting job that these knives are very sharp! This includes washing and drying.Date published: 2017-01-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Ladyceejay from So beautiful I was leary of getting a knife I had not handled personaly. But it felt great in my hands, nice weight and cuts beautifuly. Can't wait to get more from this line.Date published: 2015-08-25Rated 3 out of 5 by jccwc from Not So Much This knife came in the set otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it. I find the belly of the knife too large to really quickly chop. It chipped after one use chopping onions. The blade is too fragile to put it through any serious chopping work on carrots, potatoes, celery, etc. If you're already comfortable rocking while chopping this knife is unnecessary. Plus, the large belly doesn't allow it to fit in a drawer block properly, and it requires a large slot on a knife block.Date published: 2014-11-11Rated 5 out of 5 by RobinDensford from Took some getting used to but I absolutely love it. I find myself reaching for this knife over my chef or Santoku knives. Nicely balanced . . .and the rocking motion one can achieve with the exaggerated curve of the blade, makes quick and easy work of dicing. I use the same waxy polish and food grade mineral oil on the handles of my Shuns that I use on my cutting board to keep the wood well conditioned. Even with heavy use, the knives look new.Date published: 2013-12-28Rated 1 out of 5 by Lifetimefoodie from Big time disappointment I absolutely love the Shun Kaji Nakiri knife. The balance is exquisite. Just enough heft in the handle to power the work without fatigue. I bought the Kaji Rocking Knife sight unseen/felt. That was a not a good thing. The Rocking knife is too lightweight to do the job. It feels flimsy in the hand. The blade itself doesn't mince with ease. My old chef knife is better. A total waste of money.Date published: 2013-03-01