The honesuki is the traditional Japanese boning knife used for poultry, but you'll find it excels for trimming all meats and fish. Its short, triangular blade maneuvers easily around bones and between joints, and the blazing-sharp edge cuts through meat and cartilage like butter. Named for the blacksmith's forge, the premium Kaji series was developed by Shun's master knife makers exclusively for Williams-Sonoma.
- Short, triangular blade bones meats, poultry and fish with accuracy and ease.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a super sharp cutting edge.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.