Shun Kaji Honesuki Knife
- Special Offer
Personalize this item
The honesuki is the traditional Japanese boning knife used for poultry, but you'll find it excels for trimming all meats and fish. Its short, triangular blade maneuvers easily around bones and between joints, and the blazing-sharp edge cuts through meat and cartilage like butter. Named for the blacksmith's forge, the premium Kaji series was developed by Shun's master knife makers exclusively for Williams-Sonoma.
- Short, triangular blade bones meats, poultry and fish with accuracy and ease.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a super sharp cutting edge.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 4 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.