Shun Kaji 9" Hollow-Ground Slicer
- Special Offer
Made exclusively for us in Japan, this versatile knife by Shun is useful for cutting meats, vegetables, cheeses or fruits, as well as slicing through sandwiches. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Blade is constructed with a core of SG-2 powdered steel clad in a true Damascus layer of forged nickel and stainless steel.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Long, slender blade is hollow ground with indentations that keep slices from sticking.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long blade.
- 5 1/4"-long handle.
- 8 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.