From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this santoku is handcrafted in Japan and blends new technology with centuries-old traditions of handcraftsmanship. A versatile knife for chopping and slicing, the santoku combines the benefits of a cleaver and a chef's knife. Hollow-ground indentations on its blade reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Wide, pointed blade is hollow ground with indentations that minimize sticking.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.