Shun Kaji Hollow-Ground Chef's Knife
Personalize this item
From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this hollow-ground chef's knife is indispensable for chopping, dicing, mincing and slicing fruits and vegetables. Crafted in Japan, its strong, razor-sharp blade merges new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions, ensuring impeccable performance time after time. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade reduce friction and minimize sticking for exceptional release of everything from summer tomatoes to hard cheeses.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 6oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.