Shun Kaji Hollow-Ground Chef's Knife
- Special Offer
From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this hollow-ground chef's knife is indispensable for chopping, dicing, mincing and slicing fruits and vegetables. Crafted in Japan, its strong, razor-sharp blade merges new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions, ensuring impeccable performance time after time. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade reduce friction and minimize sticking for exceptional release of everything from summer tomatoes to hard cheeses.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 6oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
Rated 5 out of 5 by Doogiesmom from Indespensible Kitchen Knife Finally decided to upgrade the kitchen knife assortment into 4 premium quality knives w/a wide range of utility. This knife is quickly becoming my favorite of all! My hands are small, so the size is perfect. Love the thin, extremely sharp blade & its design that effortlessly glides through anything cut. Know slicing creole tomatoes this season will be a breeze! This knife is a work of art, from it's dark wooden handle to the beautifully shaped & etched blade. Prepwork is actually fun now. Shun - how did I ever live without you?!Date published: 2016-02-09Rated 4 out of 5 by AGT43 from Way Sharp, decent handle The balance on this knife is excellent. The blade glides through most everything. I have large hands, and the handle seems somewhat small for my large hands but that is not a criticism. I'll follow up on this review in a few months to let you know if the size of the handle affects the comfort. So far, so good.Date published: 2014-06-12