Shun Kaji 8-Piece Knife Block Set
- Special Offer
Named for the blacksmith’s forge, the Kaji series was developed by Shun’s master knife makers exclusively for Williams-Sonoma. Combining ancient Damascus-steel and clad-construction techniques, this set makes an excellent introduction to the Kaji series.
- Blades are constructed with a core of SG-2 powdered steel clad in a true Damascus layer of forged nickel and stainless steel.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Bamboo storage block has 12 slots.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
8-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2” paring knife.
- 6” tomato knife.
- 6 3/4” hollow-ground santoku.
- 8” chef’s knife.
- 9” bread knife.
- 9” hollow-ground carving knife.
- 9” honing steel.
- 12-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2” paring knife: 3 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 6” tomato knife: 6”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- 6 3/4” hollow-ground santoku: 6 3/4”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.2 oz.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.8 oz.
- 9” bread knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- 9” hollow-ground carving knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8 oz.
- 9” honing steel: 9”-long rod; 5”-long handle; 9.5 oz.
- Knives are made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your straight-edge knives at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Sharpen your serrated knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.