Shun Kaji 6" Boning Knife
- Special Offer
- Online Only
From our premium Kaji line by Shun, this boning knife is handcrafted in Japan and designed to work around bone, flesh and sinew to deliver maximum yield. The strong, razor-sharp blade is created through a blend of new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Slim, pointed blade provides excellent control for precision cutting tasks.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 6 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.