Shun Kaji 11-Piece Knife Block Set
- Special Offer
For ambitious cooks, this set makes an excellent introduction to the Kaji cutlery series developed exclusively for us by Shun. The process of forging the blades combines ancient Damascus and clad construction techniques.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Cherrywood storage block has 22 slots.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
11-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2” and 4 1/2” paring knives.
- 6” boning knife.
- 6” serrated utility knife.
- 6” and 8” chef’s knives.
- 7” hollow-ground santoku.
- 9” bread knife.
- 9 1/2” hollow-ground slicing knife.
- 9” honing steel.
- 20-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2” paring knife: 3 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 4 1/2” paring knife: 4 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.5 oz.
- 6” boning knife: 6”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6 oz.
- 6” serrated utility knife: 6”-long blade; 4 3/4”-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- 6” chef’s knife: 6”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 6.2 oz.
- 7” hollow-ground santoku: 7”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.2 oz.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.8 oz.
- 9” bread knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- 9 1/2” hollow-ground slicing knife: 9 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 8 oz.
- 9” honing steel: 9”-long rod; 5”-long handle; 9.5 oz.
- Knives are made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
Rated 5 out of 5 by AmbZ from Great knife set Bought the set at great price， love it！I use them everyday, super easy to use and fit my hand perfectly, easy to clean as well, only thing is you can not sharp them by yourself, so better take good care of them.Date published: 2016-08-14Rated 5 out of 5 by LoveMyStuff from Fantastic set of knives! Probably the best set of knives you will ever own! I researched for months, until I came down to two top brands. I headed to Williams-Sonoma for some expert advice. As soon as I held the Shun in my hand, I knew this was it! The handle grip is quite comfortable. A beautiful set of knives. Received quite a few compliments at Thanksgiving. Shun Kaji certainly rates 5 stars for excellence!Date published: 2014-11-29Rated 5 out of 5 by ScottyMac from Excellent craftsmanship! I personally did weeks of research using hundreds of sources (websites, stores, review sites etc.) Do yourself a favor and save yourself the time and hassle. Go out and buy these knives, they will not disappoint you!Date published: 2013-10-29