Designed specifically to sharpen and hone Shun cutlery, this three-piece sharpening set includes a honing steel, a two-sided whetstone and a bamboo stand to ensure your Shun blade is at the perfect angle for sharpening.
- Use the honing steel for weekly maintenance; use the whetstone to restore the blade's edge when sharpening becomes necessary.
- Dual-sided ceramic whetstone has a different coarseness on each side: 1000 grit and 6000 grit.
- The 1000-grit side is perfect for duller blades and setting the edge.
- The 6000-grit is very fine for refreshing or finishing a razor-sharp edge.
- The stabilizing bamboo base maintains the perfect blade position for sharpening Shun’s 16-degree blade angle.
- The honing steel’s rod is forged from corrosion-resistant high-carbon steel.
- The durable, ergonomically shaped PakkaWood handle on the honing steel resists moisture and provides a comfortable grip.
- Designed by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Dual-sided ceramic whetstone.
- Bamboo stand for whetstone.
- Honing Steel.