Shun 2-in-1 Honing Steel and Whetstone with Stand
Designed specifically to sharpen and hone Shun cutlery, this three-piece sharpening set includes a honing steel, a two-sided whetstone and a bamboo stand to ensure your Shun blade is at the perfect angle for sharpening.
- Use the honing steel for weekly maintenance; use the whetstone to restore the blade's edge when sharpening becomes necessary.
- Dual-sided ceramic whetstone has a different coarseness on each side: 1000 grit and 6000 grit.
- The 1000-grit side is perfect for duller blades and setting the edge.
- The 6000-grit is very fine for refreshing or finishing a razor-sharp edge.
- The stabilizing bamboo base maintains the perfect blade position for sharpening Shun’s 16-degree blade angle.
- The honing steel’s rod is forged from corrosion-resistant high-carbon steel.
- The durable, ergonomically shaped PakkaWood handle on the honing steel resists moisture and provides a comfortable grip.
- Designed by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Dual-sided ceramic whetstone.
- Bamboo stand for whetstone.
- Honing Steel.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14" x 3 3/4" x 5 1/4".
- Honing steel: 9" rod; 4 1/2" handle.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Line up the knife with the guide and make a few light strokes on each side of the blade.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- A paste will accumulate on the whetstone during sharpening. Leave it in place while sharpening.
- Remove metal filings from the steel with a damp cloth.
- Clean whetstone under running water and allow to air dry.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.
- Gift with Purchase