Shun 2-in-1 Honing Steel and Whetstone with Stand
- Special Offer
Designed specifically to sharpen and hone Shun cutlery, this three-piece sharpening set includes a honing steel, a two-sided whetstone and a bamboo stand to ensure your Shun blade is at the perfect angle for sharpening.
- Use the honing steel for weekly maintenance; use the whetstone to restore the blade's edge when sharpening becomes necessary.
- Dual-sided ceramic whetstone has a different coarseness on each side: 1000 grit and 6000 grit.
- The 1000-grit side is perfect for duller blades and setting the edge.
- The 6000-grit is very fine for refreshing or finishing a razor-sharp edge.
- The stabilizing bamboo base maintains the perfect blade position for sharpening Shun’s 16-degree blade angle.
- The honing steel’s rod is forged from corrosion-resistant high-carbon steel.
- The durable, ergonomically shaped PakkaWood handle on the honing steel resists moisture and provides a comfortable grip.
- Designed by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Dual-sided ceramic whetstone.
- Bamboo stand for whetstone.
- Honing Steel.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14" x 3 3/4" x 5 1/4".
- Honing steel: 9" rod; 4 1/2" handle.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Line up the knife with the guide and make a few light strokes on each side of the blade.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- A paste will accumulate on the whetstone during sharpening. Leave it in place while sharpening.
- Remove metal filings from the steel with a damp cloth.
- Clean whetstone under running water and allow to air dry.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.