Shun 2-in-1 Honing Steel and Whetstone with Stand
- Special Offer
Designed specifically to sharpen and hone Shun cutlery, this three-piece sharpening set includes a honing steel, a two-sided whetstone and a bamboo stand to ensure your Shun blade is at the perfect angle for sharpening.
- Use the honing steel for weekly maintenance; use the whetstone to restore the blade's edge when sharpening becomes necessary.
- Dual-sided ceramic whetstone has a different coarseness on each side: 1000 grit and 6000 grit.
- The 1000-grit side is perfect for duller blades and setting the edge.
- The 6000-grit is very fine for refreshing or finishing a razor-sharp edge.
- The stabilizing bamboo base maintains the perfect blade position for sharpening Shun’s 16-degree blade angle.
- The honing steel’s rod is forged from corrosion-resistant high-carbon steel.
- The durable, ergonomically shaped PakkaWood handle on the honing steel resists moisture and provides a comfortable grip.
- Designed by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Dual-sided ceramic whetstone.
- Bamboo stand for whetstone.
- Honing Steel.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14" x 3 3/4" x 5 1/4".
- Honing steel: 9" rod; 4 1/2" handle.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Line up the knife with the guide and make a few light strokes on each side of the blade.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- A paste will accumulate on the whetstone during sharpening. Leave it in place while sharpening.
- Remove metal filings from the steel with a damp cloth.
- Clean whetstone under running water and allow to air dry.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 4 out of 5 by PhilFellini from Good but lack of directions are a problem Agree with the other commenter that this is an acceptable but would be better if either Shun or W-S would add a video explaining how to use it. The directions call for the honer to be used vertically. So why does the box photo show it being used in the bamboo holder? Also, should the whetstones be used in the bamboo holder? Or the flat rubber holder? Other than that, it's OK.Date published: 2016-10-09Rated 4 out of 5 by TeeLK from I like it but.... I'm glad that I have the honing steel and whetstone but I'm not 100 percent sure that I'm using them correctly. I wish that someone could show me how to get the best results from them. Knife sharpening demonstrations in Williams-Sonoma stores? I think that would be a good idea, or at least a knife-sharpening video on the W-S website!Date published: 2015-03-24Rated 4 out of 5 by Zena from Great Value Works great. It also sharpens my German knives perfectly!Date published: 2012-08-18Rated 3 out of 5 by PapaG from It does the job I came to the conclusion the stand is more of a decorative piece. The concept of maintaining the correct angle while sharpening your knife is a good idea. But the construction of the stand should have been of better quality. I am the third review to raise the issue regarding the stand. It was flimsy and broke when I first used it. Because of the stands flimsy workmanship, I only utilize it as a decorative piece to display the stone and honing steel. I would have rated this product 5 stars if it wasn't for the stand. With that said, the stone and honing steel do a great job. They keep my knives well sharpened.Date published: 2012-06-19Rated 4 out of 5 by EddySal from I like it. Nice product but the stand is Not very well made. There are small support pieces on the sides of the stone that hold it in place, these broke on me at the end and I had to hot glue them back into place. It looks nice presentation wise but when you actually use the stone you need to soak it in water then place it back onto the stand if you choose to use the stand to sharpen your knives. Then when you are done with it let the stone dry not on the stand. I only sharpen my knives once a month; so it isn't too big of a deal.Date published: 2012-05-02