Shun Hiro Serrated Utility Knife
Our exclusive Shun Hiro collection features high-performance Eastern-style knives designed for speed, agility and balance as well as striking beauty. A cutting core of ultra premium SG-2 steel gives them a super sharp, lasting edge, and hammered blades help keep foods from sticking for fast, efficient use. Handcrafted in Japan, this versatile knife has a 6"-long serrated edge that slices cleanly through tomatoes and other delicate produce. It’s useful for slicing sandwiches and bagels, too.
- Eastern-inspired design with extremely thin, lightweight blade for fast and agile performance.
- The blade's core of SG-2 powdered steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 32 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel, for a total of 65 layers.
- SG-2 is an extremely fine-grained, dense and hard steel, which enables it to take and hold an exquisitely fine edge with long-lasting sharpness.
- The hammered pattern (tsuchime in Japanese) helps the blade pass easily through food without sticking.
- Contoured, ambidextrous handle is designed for ultimate comfort and control.
- Handle is dark charcoal-colored PakkaWood with crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest.
- Mirror-polished nickel silver bolster and end cap.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level standards of commercial kitchens.
- 6"-long blade; 4 1/4"-long handle; 2.6 oz.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.