Shun Hiro Paring Knife
- Special Offer
Our exclusive Shun Hiro collection features high-performance Eastern-style knives designed for speed, agility and balance as well as striking beauty. A cutting core of ultra premium SG-2 steel gives them a super sharp, lasting edge, and hammered blades help keep foods from sticking for fast, efficient use. Handcrafted in Japan, this precision knife is designed for speedy paring, peeling and other detailed cutting tasks.
- Eastern-inspired design with extremely thin, lightweight blade for fast and agile performance.
- The blade's core of SG-2 powdered steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 32 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel, for a total of 65 layers.
- SG-2 is an extremely fine-grained, dense and hard steel, which enables it to take and hold an exquisitely fine edge with long-lasting sharpness.
- The hammered pattern (tsuchime in Japanese) helps the blade pass easily through food without sticking.
- Contoured, ambidextrous handle is designed for ultimate comfort and control.
- Handle is dark charcoal-colored PakkaWood with crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest.
- Mirror-polished nickel silver bolster and end cap.
- 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.2 oz.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
Also in this Collection
Shun Hiro 7" Santoku Knife
Shun Hiro Chef's Knife
Rated 2 out of 5 by Guardiana from Beautiful but fragile The knife is very sharp and beautiful. It got a gouge on the blade after couple weeks of use. I was slicing a lot with it on one day, like persimmons, pomegranates and some turkey meat from the leg, when I went to clean it to my horror I saw a missing piece. I got it as a part of the set and thinking of returning it :-(Date published: 2012-12-04Rated 4 out of 5 by MyReviewForYou from Recommend with reservation... After such success with the Shun Hiro 6" Chef Knife, I decided to add the paring knife to my collection. I was able to test out the knife prior to purchase and it does a beautiful job chopping and slicing. The belly of the knife is wider than my current western style knife, so there is a learning curve. However when I properly position the knife for slicing/coring it does a wonderful job. Once design issue is that the blade is not weighty enough to keep the knife stable when laid on a cutting board. The knife will spin if slightly bumped. I have learned to make sure I have it secured between cutting jobs. I do wish that a stand or blade cover had been included with the knife. If you are deciding between a chef knife and paring knife, go for the chef knife. However if you are interested in a paring knife, visit a WS store and test it out.Date published: 2012-10-18Rated 5 out of 5 by AllisonJoy from Expensive, But Worth It This knife is a piece of art that I am fortunate enough to be able to use every day. It is incredibly sharp with the most beautiful damascus folded steel and wooden handle. The weight and size are perfect for a man or a woman to use daily. I am very pleased with this knife, although I don't know that I would have been able to justify it without the $100 gift card I had to put toward it.Date published: 2012-09-04