Shun Hiro Honing Steel
This honing steel from our exclusive Shun Hiro line is made of carbon steel with a resin-infused wood handle designed for a comfortable grip. Regular use will keep the blades of all your finest cutlery in prime condition.
- Built-in 16-degree guide helps you hone at the correct angle.
- Crafted of durable carbon steel.
- Handle is dark charcoal-colored PakkaWood with crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest.
- Crafted by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Ideal for use with both Shun Hiro and Shun Reserve lines.
- 9"-long rod; 4 1/2"-long handle; 9 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Rod length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it up at the appropriate angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the rod, remove them with a damp cloth.
Next Day Delivery
Also in this Collection
Shun Hiro Chef's Knife with Stand
Chef's Knife with Stand
Shun Hiro 7" Santoku Knife