Shun Hiro Honing Steel
- Special Offer
Special Offer: When you spend $500.00 or more, at one time, on All-Clad (Cookware, Tools, or Electrics) through July 31, 2017, you will receive an All-Clad Stainless Steel Lasagna Pan and two All-Clad branded red cotton oven mitts (retail value $170). Print Coupon
Registrant: We'll send you a gift (a $110 value) when purchases of All-Clad items from your Registry total $800 or more. Print Coupon
This honing steel from our exclusive Shun Hiro line is made of carbon steel with a resin-infused wood handle designed for a comfortable grip. Regular use will keep the blades of all your finest cutlery in prime condition.
- Built-in 16-degree guide helps you hone at the correct angle.
- Crafted of durable carbon steel.
- Handle is dark charcoal-colored PakkaWood with crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest.
- Crafted by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Ideal for use with both Shun Hiro and Shun Reserve lines.
- 9"-long rod; 4 1/2"-long handle; 9 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Rod length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it up at the appropriate angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the rod, remove them with a damp cloth.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.