Shun Hiro Honing Steel
This honing steel from our exclusive Shun Hiro line is made of carbon steel with a resin-infused wood handle designed for a comfortable grip. Regular use will keep the blades of all your finest cutlery in prime condition.
- Built-in 16-degree guide helps you hone at the correct angle.
- Crafted of durable carbon steel.
- Handle is dark charcoal-colored PakkaWood with crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest.
- NSF-certified to meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Crafted by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- 9"-long rod; 4 1/2"-long handle; 9 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Rod length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it up at the appropriate angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the rod, remove them with a damp cloth.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.