Shun Hinoki Cutting Board
Made by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, these cutting boards protect the finest cutlery and help keep your knives sharp for years to come. The boards are made of Hinoki, a medium-soft wood that adeptly conceals minor cuts and scratches.
- Hinoki wood, or Japanese cypress, has natural antibacterial properties that make it ideal for kitchen prep work.
- The straight, subtle grain of Hinoki makes this stain-resistant board attractive enough for use at the table as well as in the kitchen.
- Hinoki wood is resistant to rotting and fungus growth, and has a naturally fresh citrus fragrance.
- Ideal cutting board for protecting the razor-sharpness of Shun knives.
- Made in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Small: 10 3/4" x 8 1/4" x 1/4" thick.
- Medium: 16" x 10 3/4" x 1/2" thick
- Large: 17 3/4" x 11 3/4" x 3/4" thick.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.