Shun Hinoki Board
- Special Offer
- Online Only
Made by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, this large cutting board is designed to protect the finest cutlery while cutting and help keep your knives sharp for years to come. The board is made of Hinoki, a medium-soft wood that adeptly conceals minor cuts and scratches.
- Hinoki wood, or Japanese cypress, has natural anti-bacterial properties that make it ideal for kitchen prep work.
- The straight, subtle grain of Hinoki makes this stain-resistant board attractive enough for use at the table as well as in the kitchen.
- Hinoki wood is resistant to rotting and fungus growth, and has a naturally fresh citrus fragrance.
- The spacious cutting surface provides plenty of space for the biggest jobs.
- Made in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 15 1/2" x 9 1/2" x 1/2" thick.
- 1 lb., 4 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.