Shun Fuji Slicing Knife
- Special Offer
The razor-sharpness and lightness of the Shun Fuji blade, combined with masterful control and balance in the hand, allow this knife to carve a clean, thin slice in a single stroke. Inspired by the high-performance knives used by Japanese chefs, our exclusive Shun Fuji collection represents the very best in Japanese cutlery craftsmanship.
- Developed for the experienced cook who prefers the lightness and razor sharpness of Eastern-style blades.
- Handcrafted with 161-layer Damascus construction.
- The blade's core of SG2 steel is clad on each side with 80 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel.
- Handle is dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense wood traditionally used in Japan to make samurai sword handles.
- The double chestnut handle shape has finger ridges on both sides for a comfortable, ambidextrous grip.
- End cap made of polished Damascus steel.
- Shun Fuji collection won the “Kitchen Knife of the Year Award” at the U.S. 2011 Blade Show for the best in new product quality and design.
- 160 handcrafted steps to produce each Fuiji knife.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long blade.
- 5 1/4"-long handle.
- 5 1/2" oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.