The Shun Fuji santoku's razor-thin, lightweight blade makes for extremely fast, agile chopping and slicing – ideal for precision cuts and mincing. Every curve and line has been meticulously hand-smoothed for precise performance without bruising or tearing delicate foods. Inspired by the high-performance knives used by Japanese chefs, our exclusive Shun Fuji collection represents the very best in cutlery craftsmanship and technology.
- Developed for the experienced cook who prefers the lightness and razor sharpness of Eastern-style blades.
- Blade core of SG2 steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 80 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel.
- Resulting 161-layer blade is thin and light yet strong and hard, with a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handle is dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense wood traditionally used in Japan to make samurai sword handles.
- Double-chestnut handle shape has finger ridges on both sides for a comfortable, ambidextrous grip.
- End cap made of polished Damascus steel.
- Shun Fuji collection won the “Kitchen Knife of the Year Award” at the U.S. 2011 Blade Show for the best in new product quality and design.
- 160 handcrafted steps to produce each Fuji knife.
- Handcrafted in Japan.