Shun Fuji Paring Knife
- Special Offer
Designed for spectacular sharpness and ultimate control, this knife delivers the precision required for speedy paring, peeling and other detailed cutting tasks. Inspired by the high-performance knives used by Japanese chefs, our exclusive Shun Fuji collection represents the very best in cutlery craftsmanship and technology.
- Developed for the experienced cook who prefers the lightness and razor sharpness of Eastern-style blades.
- The blade’s core of SG2 steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 80 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel.
- Resulting 161-layer blade is thin and light yet strong and hard, with a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handle is dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense wood traditionally used in Japan to make samurai sword handles.
- The double chestnut handle shape has finger ridges on both sides for a comfortable, ambidextrous grip.
- End cap made of polished Damascus steel.
- Shun Fuji collection won the “Kitchen Knife of the Year Award” at the U.S. 2011 Blade Show for the best in new product quality and design.
- 160 handcrafted steps to produce each Fuji knife.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2"-long blade.
- 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 2.75 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
Rated 5 out of 5 by Want2Bcook from Easy to use This knife fits my hand great!!! It is very light and very natural feeling. Super sharp and does a great job. I've had the knife for about 8 months and love it.Date published: 2015-01-14Rated 5 out of 5 by mealmaker from New Favorite Go To Knife Razor sharp, easy to hone, holds edge and cutting is effortless. The ripples in the sides breaks the natural vacuum from cutting and food does not stick. Can easily slice a tomato 1/32” thick. Not a useful thickness but it was fun doing that.Date published: 2013-07-23Rated 2 out of 5 by KitchenPhil from Not worth it for the price After a closer review of the knife, the knife does not deserve a $250 price tag let alone $200 sale price. Dislikes: • Knife butt embossing impression is cheap and shallow which makes it look cheap • The transition from the bolster and the handle has an uneven transition • Overall, the overall finish knife does not reach out to the buyer as a must buy for this price Like: • Great knife design - knife design is very nice.Date published: 2012-01-24