Shun Fuji Dual-Density Utility Knife
- Special Offer
This versatile knife has a dual-frequency serrated blade that easily cuts through everything from hard crusts to tomatoes. Inspired by the high-performance knives used by Japanese chefs, our exclusive Shun Fuji collection represents the very best in cutlery craftsmanship and technology.
- Developed for the experienced cook who prefers the lightness and razor sharpness of Eastern-style blades.
- The blade's core of SG2 steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 80 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel.
- Resulting 161-layer blade is thin and light yet strong and hard, with a supersharp cutting edge.
- The unique combination of low- and high-frequency serrations guarantees unsurpassed performance.
- Handle is dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense wood traditionally used in Japan to make samurai sword handles.
- End cap made of polished Damascus steel.
- Shun Fuji collection won the “Kitchen Knife of the Year Award” at the U.S. 2011 Blade Show for the best in new product quality and design.
- 160 handcrafted steps to produce each Fuji knife.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7"-long blade.
- 5 1/2"-long handle.
- 8.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
Rated 2 out of 5 by awb1 from Broken Knife Points Of the four Shun knives I have purchased, three have broken points. These knives are too thin at the points, so the problem is inherent in the design. I had no problem returning the knives.Date published: 2014-08-16Rated 5 out of 5 by globrit1 from Great knife I love, love this knife. It cuts like going through butter.Date published: 2012-11-01Rated 4 out of 5 by ecami from very nice! very lightweight. well balanced. super sharp. haven't had it long so don't know about durability. but this is what one would expect from premium quality Japanese knife technology.Date published: 2012-09-20