Shun Fuji Bread Knife
- Special Offer
The cutting edge of this knife features serrations that point in two different directions, which creates an ultrasmooth push/pull motion for slicing through loaves of bread without tearing the delicate crumb. Inspired by the high-performance knives used by Japanese chefs, our exclusive Shun Fuji collection represents the very best in cutlery craftsmanship and technology.
- Developed for the experienced cook who prefers the lightness and razor sharpness of Eastern-style blades.
- The blade's core of SG2 steel is clad on each side with Damascus steel composed of 80 alternating layers of nickel and stainless steel.
- Resulting 161-layer blade is thin and light yet strong and hard, with a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handle is dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense wood traditionally used in Japan to make samurai sword handles.
- The double chestnut handle shape has finger ridges on both sides for a comfortable, ambidextrous grip.
- End cap made of polished Damascus steel.
- Shun Fuji collection won the “Kitchen Knife of the Year Award” at the U.S. 2011 Blade Show for the best in new product quality and design.
- 160 handcrafted steps to produce each Fuji knife.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long blade.
- 5 3/4" handle.
- 7.25 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
Rated 5 out of 5 by cjv1 from I enjoy the knife The Shun Fuji line is very good quality. The knives are light and balanced. They have a good feel in the hand. I have several Shun Fuji knives and the only issue I have had is tips slightly bending on the ones like the paring or utility that have a narrow tip.Date published: 2013-01-12