Shun Classic 7" Vegetable Cleaver
- Special Offer
In Asian kitchens, cleavers like this one function as chef's knives for chopping and slicing vegetables and boneless meat and then transferring food to the pot. Made in Japan and developed exclusively for us by Shun, it merges new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions.
- VG-MAX “super steel” blade is clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Wide blade efficiently chops and slices, then aids in transferring food to the pot or bowl.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- 7"-long blade, 3 1/2"-long handle; 12 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 1 out of 5 by memr from Blade Chips I used this knife only on vegetables and the blade chipped within 6 months. The knife does a great job chopping soft vegetables, but you can't use it on any hard vegetables. I am sure the chipped pieces wound up in our food.Date published: 2013-12-27Rated 5 out of 5 by PapaChef from My favorite knife! This knife is my personal favorite. I use it as a Chinese Chef's knife, since having seen it used that way by Chen Kenichi on Iron Chef Japan. I have owned mine for close to 10 years, and use it all the time. It is amazingly sharp, durable and holds its edge. It is incredibly versatile for a large knife, and cuts effortlessly. It is large and heavy enough to handle big tasks, yet sharp and manuverable enough for small garnishes. It will easily dice tomatoes w/o crushing them! For everyday use, I have this knife and a Shun Classic paring knife. That is all I need.Date published: 2013-01-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Nick7895 from Great Vegatable Clever Understand this is NOT a clever used to chop through bones. It's meant for vegetables. It slices through vegetables with accuracy and easily. I love using this knife when I have a lot of prep work. The large surface area means I can scoop up a lot of food and transport it.Date published: 2012-12-13Rated 1 out of 5 by Shortagee from Not what I expected. I own numerous classic shun knives. Most of which have been fantastic. I was however utterly disappointed with the cleaver as the durability just isn't there. The blade is far too brittle and chips easily.Date published: 2012-11-06