Shun Classic Honing Steel
- Special Offer
To guarantee top performance from your cutlery, use this steel to hone knife blades. The forged-steel rod helps restore a knife's sharp edge by trueing it – that is, smoothing and realigning the blade's cutting edge.
- Built-in 16-degree guide helps you hone at the correct angle.
- Rod is forged from high-carbon steel.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Designed by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long rod.
- 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 7.5 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Line up the knife with the guide and make a few light strokes on each side of the blade.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.