Shun Classic Honing Steel
- Special Offer
Special Offer: When you spend $500.00 or more, at one time, on All-Clad (Cookware, Tools, or Electrics) through July 31, 2017, you will receive an All-Clad Stainless Steel Lasagna Pan and two All-Clad branded red cotton oven mitts (retail value $170). Print Coupon
Registrant: We'll send you a gift (a $110 value) when purchases of All-Clad items from your Registry total $800 or more. Print Coupon
To guarantee top performance from your cutlery, use this steel to hone knife blades. The forged-steel rod helps restore a knife's sharp edge by trueing it – that is, smoothing and realigning the blade's cutting edge.
- Built-in 16-degree guide helps you hone at the correct angle.
- Rod is forged from high-carbon steel.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Designed by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long rod.
- 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 7.5 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Line up the knife with the guide and make a few light strokes on each side of the blade.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.