Shun knives are produced by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, reflecting the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of knife making. The nakiri knife (Japanese for “vegetable knife”) features a supersharp hollow-ground blade with indentations that reduce friction and minimize sticking when cutting fresh produce.
- VG-Max “super steel” blades are clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Shaped like a cleaver, this Nakiri knife chops, slices and minces fresh fruits and vegetables with ease.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.