Combining the benefits of a chef's knife and cleaver, this hollow-ground santoku is indispensable for chopping, slicing and dicing. Oval indentations on the blade's sides reduce friction to produce clean, uniform cuts and minimize sticking.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The wide, angle-tipped blade combines the best features of a chef's knife and a cleaver.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Available in right- and left-handed versions.
- 5 1/2" santoku: 5 1/2"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.