Shun Classic Flexible Fillet Knife, 7"
- Special Offer
- Online Only
Produced by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, Shun knives reflect the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knife making. The Shun Classic Flexible Fillet Knife's long curved blade, reminiscent of traditional samurai swords, allows you to separate meat from bone using one precise cut, and the knife's optimal flexibility ensures maximum yield.
- VG-10 “super steel” blades are clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges are long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resist moisture and have a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.